Monday, July 12, 2010

Get OUtta My Way by Sagatmanchu

This was supposed to be the follow up to the Single Funk Dat. I usually made tracks in series or as a set.
If a groove seemed to work then I would try to build around the feel of that "production style", "concept" or "groove". In this case it was a set of songs based on a concept where a constant count of 8 bars made the verse and 8 made a break while the track kept a constant groove.

The lyrics to "Get OUtta My Way" pick up on "Funk Dat" from the first verse......................... "Question..Why is it that Everytime I am walking down the street...Somebody Wants To Stop Me ..Just to give me a flyer?  Maaan Funk Dat.....Get Outta My Way....

I like this production style and I am going to enjoy Slamming a few different mixes of "Get Outta My Way". There are a few hidden elements that I want to bring out and sort of prove the groove factoring. 

The last verse of "Funk Dat".... "The Ugly Chicks wanna step to me....Get Outta My Face" verse was the follow up to "Funk Dat" and remained on the album because I did want to cease relations with the label but I didn't want to completely leave any potential fans hanging.

So "Get Outta My Face" wound up on the album.

Luv Stuff and Bitties were done on the fly because I needed to make up more songs for the Album and also had to give the label "more funk dats". Control of the project was lost before I even got a chance to finalize the versions because usually you want to be in a comfortable situation when you write or record. If you are in a situation where you think the deal is going bad, a producer tends to hold back the best music.

As a matter of fact, Funk Dat was 1 of 8

1.Funk Dat!
2.Get Outta My Way!
3.What Are You looking at?
4.Get a New Dj!!
5.Get a Job!
6.Mind Your Business!! (the neighbor)
7.Get a Life
8. Get Outta My Face!

So the other six are on the table. All different production styles and are very serious grooves. "What The Funk" is the one that is the new Song and is not going to be released until the pre release of the Sagatmanchu album "The Fusion Theory 2010".

As for the lyrics; I won't get into it on this blog because I do want to keep the Production and Artistry separate. For briefness I will say that they are not all "funny" but they do have "wordplay", wordbending, commentation, illustration, comedy, metaphors, similies and puns.
Refer to the Sagatmanchu site or blog.

It is the same for "Feel Free" released on Cajual  and "I Need To Go Away" Id and DJWorld both released in 1993. There are other songs that were done in those styles and intended for possible follow up singles and hopefully, they will be released as songs for Akia Braswell.

I welcome your comments.

Thank You

2 comments:

  1. Jcs, the track for get out of my way is serious. Its speed ticket music for real. I get the same feeling as funk dat when I listen, but the music and lyrics are a little more serious. I dig it. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir!! The vocals are being redone and the song goes to pre release April 30th.

    Will keep you posted here.

    Sagatmanchu Blog coming soon.

    ReplyDelete